I talk a lot about nurturing yourself, and taking care of your “whole” self. Part of your whole self, is the deep yearning in your soul to grow.
Listen, I want you to not only feel good and take care of yourself, but I also want you to tap deep into your soul. I want you to light that fire that has gone out inside of you, or maybe it has never been lit. We all have a place inside of us, that we feel sometimes when we think about our deepest dreams. It is almost a deep yearning inside you to go after something, to do something, or to try something.
If You Feel Stuck, It is Time to Get Uncomfortable
The truth is, that this something, will make you get uncomfortable, which is why many of us don’t go after it. Many of us just stay safe, sometimes because of what others will think. But, this something will take you to a whole different level of feeling good. This is why I want you to do something to grow every single day. Do something every day to get uncomfortable. THIS is what can truly light the fire that might have been put out a long time ago, so let’s get up every day and do at least one thing for ourselves to GROW.
To truly “grow”, means to do something new, scary, challenging, hard, and out of your comfort zone. This can be huge, or it can be small. Either way, your mind and your soul, both need this fire lit.
It is Time to Really Be You
This is when you begin to leave that “box” that everyone wants to put you in, and honor your true self. Be who you are. Be who your soul is longing to be. Actually follow your dreams, learn or try something new, or go after a deep longing feeling that you are constantly shutting down because it makes you uncomfortable. Don’t shut it up anymore, go after it. ‘
Here are three ways to start.
1. Simpler Ideas for Everyday Ways to Grow…
- Read a book about something you know you can improve on, or learn about.
- Join a gym.
- Start an exercise routine.
- Make a phone call you keep putting off.
- Apply for a new job.
- Take a new class you are interested in.
- Learn a new trade.
- Go to a conference.
- Introduce yourself to someone new.
- Take someone to coffee or lunch that you have been wanting to get to know.
- Watch a video, or listen to a podcast, for personal growth, inspiration or to learn something.
- Start a journal.
- Swim lessons.
- Saying no when you want to say no.
- Say YES when you really, really want to! Even if you need a babysitter, you have to rearrange something else…say YES, when your soul is screaming, or whispering, YES!
2. A Little Harder, but Ideas for Amazing Growth
We all need to get honest with ourselves as to how we can improve. This takes maturity and growth. I am still working on every one of these areas, but I had to first admit to myself that I could be better.
- Being more open to others and new ideas.
- Being more flexible.
- Being less stubborn and opinionated.
- Being more disciplined. If social media brings you down, create parameters for yourself. This used to be me, and I hear this all the time from others. Shut it off or create some boundaries for yourself. Change your perspective. It works, if you let it.
- Change your perspective. It is possible that there is another way to look at a situation.
- Stop making excuses.
- Stop blaming others.
- Stop complaining.
- Stop judging and gossiping. Talk about your dreams and your friend’s dreams, rather than what other’s are doing.
- Work on your struggle. Pick something you know you can improve on. Whether it is is planning better. Eating better. Being on time. Getting organized. Stop taking things so personal. Laugh more. You get the idea. We all have something we can improve on.
3. Big Life Changing Scary Growth
Let’s be honest…most of us have something deep down we have always wanted to do, but always put off. There are so many reasons we put things off…it is scary, uncomfortable, different, naysayers, or we think it is just not a priority (so we think).
These choices that touch our soul, challenge our mind and take us out of our comfort zone, will truly breathe life into us. This is when you start to feel different, confident, and alive. We come alive when we stay focused on nurturing our life, dreams, family and health.
Do not Compare Your Path to Others
Listen up….do not get distracted by others, even when, and especially when they are distracted by you. Comparison IS the thief of joy. Comparing will take your joy away instantly. Even if you are not comparing, you will find someone else comparing to you. People are human, but THIS is when you have to put up your blinders, and stay focused on YOUR walk, YOUR life and truly being YOU. You should stay focused on being your best self, true self and authentically YOU. THIS is where and when you will begin to feel alive.
Follow Your Path
Most importantly, I can’t say it enough for you to follow YOUR path.…not your parents path for you, or the path your friend thinks you should follow, or the path everyone else is following, but the path YOU truly want to follow.
THIS is big growth.
- Changing careers.
- Writing a book.
- Starting a business.
- Homeschooling your kids.
- Letting your kids follow their dream, not your dream.
- Traveling the world.
- Being honest.
- Starting a side hustle.
- Going back to school.
- Making decisions and choices where you hear resistance. There will ALWAYS be someone that has an opinion on your choice to grow. Keep going. Keep growing. Keep following your dream, desire, or crazy idea.
Life on the other side of that resistance, and opinions, is like no other.
Run your race. Run right past those opinions, and right through that resistance.
We get one life. ONE life and it is YOUR life. PLEASE live it. LIVE IT. Live it for YOU.
I would love to hear how you are growing, or something you are going to do that you have been wanting to do. Just reply to this email and tell me. It will feel good to tell someone. Someone that will cheer you on. I can’t wait to hear.
Enjoy today and go GROW!
Hi I’m Kelley. I want to help encourage you to take care of your health, your families’ health and embrace your best life. If you are new here, please join our journey and get access to simple health and wellness tips and weekly encouragement.